Donation Support Button

Monday, February 25, 2013

Reboot Hell





The news of an impending disaster looms large in the future -- a reboot movie of The Crow is in the  works. WHY?

The Crow could have been a disaster back in 1994. How many films can survive the death of its star... before the film is finished. But it did... and it is the perfect translation of the comic book. Why in the hell make another reboot of another perfect movie? Why can't these Hollywood producers use their brains to think up something new?

There have been two reboot movies recently that were disasters, in my mind. (1) Why remake John Carpenter's masterpiece THE THING? Why? That remake was a waste of time, space and money! (2) Why remake the best vampire movie this side of NEAR DARK? I’m talking about the remake of FRIGHT NIGHT! WHY?

I went to the theater to see the Fright Night remake because I wanted to review it for my blog. I hated every second of the movie, but I was hanging in there. But when the movie finally revealed Peter Vincent, originally played by the incomparable Roddy McDowall, as a long haired rocker freak without any of the gravitas of the original character… I got up and walked out of the theater. And I have yet to see the ending of this movie. I REFUSE!

Soon, The Evil Dead remake will be upon us -- without the humor, the slapstick, or Sam Raimi! Why name this “remake” The Evil Dead when it is stripped of all that made the original Evil Dead movies so much fun? This movie is NOT The Evil Dead!

And now… a remake of The Crow? When will it end, folks?

Now this is some real horror!

RLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment