Donation Support Button

Monday, April 22, 2013

And The Ants Will Inherit The Earth...


I posted the commentary from below on a page of a person posting a picture of a Honey Ant. This is a different image.






I added the below comments to that page. Here, I have included more information about the movie I recommended in the body of the text.

This movie is Science Fiction. But, there are frightening horror elements, too.

********

I remember reading about these ants when I was a kid in school on the 1960's. Several nature programs, including NATURE on PBS have included these cool ants in their ant documentaries.

Want to see a wild and scary movie about ants from 1974? Check out the feature film "Phase IV." The movie plays like a documentary, but it is frightening in its Science Fiction plot -- an unknown force from out there in space comes to earth and affects a swift evolutionary change in the behavior of ants in the Arizona desert. A team of scientist investigate these intelligent, and dangerous, ants and... well bad things happen.

I saw this movie twice back in 1974, and then found it again around 2004. And I still love "Phase IV." The fact that we still don't know what is out there in space all these years later makes this movie relevant today.

Remember what I said... this movie almost plays like a documentary... kind of like the original "The Andromeda Strain" or "The China Syndrome." And if you allow yourself to believe... you will be frightened.

RLJ






No comments:

Post a Comment