Donation Support Button

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Showing The Horror Anthology A Little Love







I have always thought of Creepshow as a masterpiece of horror. Stephen King wrote all the stories and George A. Romero directed them. Both men were at the height of their super powers at the time of Creepshow

Creepshow 2, from 1987, tried to live up to Creepshow… and it came pretty close. I didn’t understand why the producers of the third Creepshow left the EC comics angle.

And, I would like to present this to you...

What do you guys think of Trilogy Of Terror? I was a sophomore in high school in Texas, in 1975, when Trilogy Of Terror was released as an "ABC Movie Of The Week." Back then, ABC would produce original made for television movies. And, they actually made some excellent movies back then.

And I can tell you this... that movie scared the shit out of a hell of a lot of people back then! It aired on prime time television, March 4, 1975. And it caused a sensation because of the terror, horror and violence.

You better believe I figured a way to watch the movie. I lied to my Pentecostal fundamentalist mother and told her I had to practice, or something... all I remember is I lied to get out of her house and watched the movie at a friend's house.

And, this movie STILL will scare the crap out of you.

Check it out.

RLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment